I’ve been thinking a lot about letting go lately. Of old cares, concerns, hang-ups that drain my energy in sneaky ways.
Ain’t nobody got time for dealing with old insecurities, relationships or habits that have run their course, but sometimes the impressions they made run deep. No matter how healed our wounds, we can still return to old, unhelpful thought patterns. We’re living, breathing humans after all… that’s why I reckon it’s so important to have some kind of self-awareness practice (ie – journalling).
Letting something go is an active process. It requires intention, faith – and sometimes, repetition. Tarot is the best tool I know to help with these. Here are 4 spreads I think are supremely helpful.
1. What do I need to accept?
2. What do I need to forgive?
3. What do I need to release?
4. What can I learn?
5. Where can I seek healing and recovery?
6. Where can I get help?
1. Your current situation
2. Why you’re stuck
3. The key to getting unstuck
4. How to not get restuck
1. Root of the issue
2. What stops you from moving on
3. What will help you move forward
4. Advantages of holding on
Holding on and Letting Go spread via The Tarot Lady: 1. What can I expect if I let go?
2. How can I best support myself in this process?
3. Advice to move forward?